Thursday, May 20, 2010

Introduction

I am a 46 year old financial consultant who is appalled by the massive incompetence, stupidity and inferiority of the Family Court System in general and lawyers and judges in particular.

When I first went to Family Court, I remember I thought it strange that there were police officers at the door. I thought - am I entering prison? I wondered why they were there.

I certainly understand now why they are there! I won't go into my situation in detail but suffice to say she stole everything, lives in a mortgage free house, soaks me for spousal/child support for over 2,000 per month. So with no money except for my RRSP's which I had saved prior to our relationship and a pay that is lower than my rent, I have fought on looking for a shred of justice. So far I have not found any.

I figure there are two alternatives:

(1) Beat the crap out of every Family Court Lawyer and Judge or
(2) Educate Lawyers and Judges because they obviously know absolutely nothing

I figure #1 has been tried already hence the police at the door. Unfortunately what it accomplished was getting police in there to protect stupid lawyers and judges and the incompetence continues.

So I have decided to educate these morons.

I recall when opposing counsel came up with some ridiculous number for spousal support at the case conference and the judge just accepts it despite the fact I argued correctly that it was completely wrong.

Then at the motion, the judge again rules in their favour and here I am paying a ridiculous amount of support.

It was at this time that I had enough. I contacted DivorceMate and purchased (yes purchased) a copy of their program. As an individual that assesses approximately 2,000 tax returns per year, you can safely say I am somewhat of an expert in this area. I needed this program to analyze and discover how they were getting such a wrong figure for spousal support.

But wait the story gets even better. I was told that I was not allowed to purchase the program as it was too sophisticated and they could not support non-lawyers questions.

After fighting back and forth over the email, I gave up in total frustration. I asked a lawyer friend of mine (who is actually VERY intelligent and obviously not involved in Family Law) to purchase it and I am grateful that he agreed to do so.

What I discovered was appalling. Talk about living in the dark ages. If I assessed income like this in my job, I would be fired on the spot.

There are two basic problems which I identified. The program has numerous errors in it and where it is working properly lawyers are too unsophisticated to use it properly.

You can only imagine the disaster these lawyers have caused in thousands of peoples lives.

Recently they have released the new version called Tools 2K10. They seem to be so proud that they spent two years creating their masterpiece.

Congratulations...It's wrong.

So here I go - I plan on doing one blog per day going through this program line by line. Where it is working properly, I will say so and explain why. Where it is not working properly, I'll explain what is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

Please feel free to comment on my blogs, ask questions, criticize me, compliment me, correct me if you think I am wrong (I don't plan to be but I am human) and anything else. The feedback would be much appreciated.

Lets go!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Financial Guy1.
    I heartily agree with your comments - and your position. I have a proposition. You're very, very right. I'd like to discuss something about this with you privately.Please email me at irinasagil@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete